Poor Fritz

There’s no better value and no one as willing to make bespoke speakers out there than Fritz and these forums treat his speakers as if they cost $200K.
They don’t. They are remarkably affordable and yet potential customers put him through the absolute ringer, asking for custom features, going through 2 or 3 models of home auditions and maybe not even buying any of them.

Look, you buy what you want to buy, but I think not enough credit is given to the man or his speakers in terms of the overall value proposition and I think this is a disservice overall.  If you write a 5 page review, please keep this very much in mind that you are not reviewing Wilson or Focal's flagships.  Maybe he doesn't deserve quite the same scrutiny.

erik_squires
So, the point of this thread is how inexpensive Fritz speakers are, and how good they are an how others still unfairly compare them to speakers much more expensive. This post which I have partially quoted is the perfect example of the type of reviewer/audiophile who forgets what the prices are already. And by the way, there’s a lot here I would debate on the merits of good ideas if Fritz speakers cost 2x as much as they did, but they don’t so I’m just going to look in awe at this post and it’s complete lack of self awareness.

Fritz use top grade drivers ,my only complaint in the past say 4 years ago
was the Xover parts were not what I considered = to the drivers ,and I am not speaking Duelund ,instead of a magnet over wire sledge hammer inductor use Jantzen open core they are not that much more ,mills resistors he uses are good

I've had a pair of Fritz Rev 7 "SE's" for several years. They're just like the Rev 7 on the website but with a 4 ohm Scanspeak midbass driver that's the same model as the regular Rev-not sure if he made these again. I stream TIDAL through Roon or use stored flac files, running these through an Allo USBridge Signature into a Schiit BiFrost multibit dac then into an Acurus L10 linestage and then an Acurus A250 amp, both custom modified by Ken Ealey to change them into quite different amps than stock. The preamp is jfet/mosfet. The amp is all bjt's (but with a jfet front end to eliminate the blocking cap) and is dual mono with huge power caps and massive damping factor. Anticables for speakers, Blue Jean's for IC's.
I think my choices show I ignore the prestige, cachet, and pageantry that some others get caught up in. Don't get me wrong, it'd be cool to be able to dabble in high end audio but I'm just not in that income bracket. So I've tried to choose wisely to come up with a system that can still produce music that moves me. My system sounds much better than most smaller systems I (used to) hear at audiofest, as well as some of the larger ones. I think the key is the Fritz speakers.
I'll be experimenting with new amps again soon but the speakers will stay. I've never had a complaint with them. They take all the power I care to throw at them but have great delicacy and detail as well, even without a beryllium tweeter. They warm up my (currently pretty neutral) amplification very nicely, have a detailed soundstage, and in combo with the amp they always have people looking for the subwoofer. Not that the bass is bloated or anything, it's tighter than a...well never mind.
I love to play music for my friends that have spent years rotating through tons of expensive gear and hear them tell me honestly that it sounds kick ass. And it always starts with "wow, Fritz sure does make some great speakers!"
I've heard the Carreras at RMAF and they are spectacular. Maybe someday.
I just wanted to verify for the skeptics that Fritz makes some amazing products, all giant killers, and is well worth checking out. Unless you're a giant lover, that is.

The problem with Fritz speakers is the wooden boxes they use are no better than a DIY job. If you want high end speakers surely the wooden box needs to be elevated in quality too? If you look at other high end speakers they do use more advanced boxes even if they are made of mdf. 
I don't know if that would be possible at the prices Fritz charges, Kenjit. As somebody broke down above, his margins are pretty tight.
[@any-novice]
"Total cost of drivers is $1300. Cost of speakers is $3500. So how much is he actually making? Can anybody answer that without insulting me?"

----------------------------------

Yes. Not making much.  

• Drivers are part of the cost equation, not the total cost. 
  • Missing overall  R&D research time on a build. For some it's years. 
  • Missing the crossover design, parts for the "right" design.  
  • Missing the labor time to build and test the crossovers.  
  • Missing the cabinet R&D time and labor cost to design it right.  
  • Missing the wood and veneer materials costs and storage costs.  
  • Missing LABOR time to cut/assemble/build the pair of cabinets.  
  • Missing the time to lay up veneer or other cosmetics for cabinets.
  • Missing the time to fix or redo something on the finish, it happens.
  • Missing stock of internal wiring, terminals, solder,  costs, etc.
  • Missing wiring, terminals, soldering time for assembly of speakers
  • Missing costs of a facility to build and store materials, speakers
  • Missing costs of boxes, fillers, packaging materials and storage.  
  • Missing the costs of electricity, cooling/heating of a facility. 
  • Missing costs of tools, saws, blades, machinery, maintenance $
  • Missing shared property tax costs if you own the facility and land.
  • Missing time and labor $ for packing and shipping costs $.
  • Demos cost $. All sunk cost $.  Who absorbs these return costs...  
  • [Add] glue, and several things probably missed here, $
  • Missing the time-cost $ answering everyone's questions for FREE.
  • Time is $.  Remember boutique builders, where respect is due.

Caution:  
Only brave souls with extra savings $ need try to build and sell quality "value" speakers for public consumers in a boutique setting. It takes a very special person to do this long term for the audio community.  

>>Respect to those who do it well and stay in business<<.  Go Fritz!