Polk LSI15 compared to Paradigm Studio 100 V4

Hi guys,

I have a question on speakers there for coming to you the experts.
I have a yamaha RXV 1500, a sunfire signature amp(425 watts 8ohm), second amp(sunfire TGA5200, 200watts into 8ohm), cd player(Emotiva ERC-1) two subs both velodyns(15 and 10 inch)
So now I am looking for front left/right speakers.
In your opinion which one will give me better sound quality for both HT and Music. Music being a range of every thing rock, pop, country, vocals and smooth jazz)

I will greatly appreciate all the help you can give me

Hope to hear from you all

Fernando
fernando1

Showing 1 response by james63

I have head both. The Polk was on a reciever (denon I believe) and the Paradigm was in Arcam preamp/amp (don't know the model). It was also a while ago so take my coments with a grain of salt.

The sound quality is comparible and it really comes down to personal taste. The bass is puncher on the Paradigm 100s. The Polk had a lot of bass but it was not as quick and seemed to cover up the midrange a bit. The highs on the 100s are a lot more forward than on the Polk. While the Polk's highs were good they are a little laid back for my taste ( you might like them... They have good detial).

All in all both are good but the Paradigm were a lot more interesting and fun to listen to for me. I like a some what forward and neutral speaker so YMMV.

Try and give then both a listen.