Polk Audio RT2000p or LSi 25's--- WHO CARES ???

It's absolutely amazing how my question previously asked could garner approximately 100 hits and each one of those hits were from signed up members who couldn't care less about helping me with my query.
If the moderators do publish this then they realize that there are a handful of their paid membership that do nothing but control this website to their liking. I will be unsubscribing if this is not published and if the members do get to see my opinion I'm sure their are many of us who feel the same way.
2012chipmunk57
Firstly (why say "firstly?"...not sure) this is NOT a forum representing free speech as it is controlled by the management, who are all adoreable and real smart (!)...secondly, ignorance is NOT bliss in most cases. I think life can be harder for idiots...thirdly, I'm way too elitist to give Polk speakers any attention (although I'm sure they make something that sounds fine), and I admit it because I want my fellow posters to know where I stand at all times so as not to post anything that upsets me.
Yikes! Entertaining thread... But for the wrong reasons. Don't like the site or the membership...Don't let the door hit you...
3wayxover,

"A person posted a question regarding speakers.

He feels ignored and snubbed and voices his opinion.

Soon, his voice is noticed and other lash back. The person asking the question is miguided in many ways and should seek help elsewhere. Agon is aimed at "high end." While some others try to calm down the situation.

It started with a person asking for help with is speakers in an audio site.

We have been reduced to this."

I understand what you are saying, but I'm not sure if I agree. The question about the 2 Polks, I believe, is valid and belongs on this site. My personal feeling about high end is that its not so much about the price of equipment, as it is about trying to get the best possible sound from that equipment; at all price levels.

Where the OP goes wrong is that he's getting angry on the assumption that the people on this site don't want to take the time to answer his questions, for some very negative reasons. Its possible that no answer was given simply because no one on this site has had the experience of comparing the 2 speakers. What do you think he would say if we gave him some advice that didn't work out? Not only that, the whole thing about how Audiogon subscribers are somehow controlling the site is silly. I was a paid member a few years back. Unless something has changed, being a subscriber gives you access to certain things like equipment specs and average used prices. The OP makes it sound like being a subscriber gives you access to CIA intelligence

Anyway, thats just how I see it. I could be wrong.
Zd542 - you are not wrong...to have special access to Agon, you must pay the super subscriber fee and submit proof of ownership of at least four items from Stereofool's Class "A" gear :)

Crazy how this thread went sideways very fast and, judging by the number of responses, quickly compelling at the same time. I was drawn to this thread, like rubber necker in traffic.

Well, back to the music, dreaming about gear I cannot afford, and relaxing after a long day.

Regards
3WayXOver
"Zd542 - you are not wrong...to have special access to Agon, you must pay the super subscriber fee and submit proof of ownership of at least four items from Stereofool's Class "A" gear :)"

Are you kidding? You really have to own 4 pieces from A and prove it? Thats nuts. It wasn't a requirement when I was a member. I like to think that the companies that made my gear are sucessful not because of Stereophiles ratings, but in spite of them.

Wolf_garcia,

Hi.
This site went to hell in a hand basket when they lowered it from 5 to 4. Where's the outrage?
I have inspectors from Stereophile come by unnanounced to inspect my hifi at least twice a year...usually something goes missing, but what can I do? At least they SAY they're from Stereophile...hmmm...
3wayxover,

That was a good one. I can't believe I fell for it. So many strange things are said on this site I actually took it at face value.
Oh man! I missed out on a good donnybrook; all because I didn’t want to lower myself to the level of someone who would actually click on a Polk thread. Darn it :-)
There's something fishy about this thread. The Audiogon system has said that there has been 22 replies for over a week, but there are over 60 today and there has been over 22 for over a week. This thread, and the other two related polk ones, have been at the top of the speaker forum for a few weeks even though one of the other related threads has not had any posts for 9 days. There are other threads that have had more recent posts, but they can not seem to push the polk threads down.
I alerted Agon to this problem last week. For all intents and purposes, this speaker forum seems to be DOA.

Shakey
Yes, the date and number of posts problem has been around for awhile. It's confusing because it makes me think everyone gave up. This has been going on for a couple of months.

The only fishiness going on with this thread is that it's tiring. Any time one of my threads has not been replied to, I figure nobody has an answer or everyone hates me so in either case, I just cry myself to sleep.
"I figure nobody has an answer or everyone hates me so in either case, I just cry myself to sleep."

Oh cool - I’m not the only one!

Four posts...all by me! Don’t anyone ever talk to me about humiliation:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?gmusi&1287098660&openfrom&2&4#2
The odd thing about the forum is i have posted topics and they have received responses although i cannot find the topics. Someone is seeing the threads. I really wish they would go to. A open forum so there would be speed, function and transparency.
Phaelon, why don't you start another thread complaining about the moderators, the members, and threatening to unsubscribe from Audiogon? That should get you the attention you desire. ;^)
"Phaelon, why don't you start another thread complaining about the moderators, the members, and threatening to unsubscribe from Audiogon? That should get you the attention you desire. ;^)"

Any one of you,try starting a new thread and tell me how that works out for you.......

Shakey
"The odd thing about the forum is i have posted topics and they have received responses although i cannot find the topics. Someone is seeing the threads. I really wish they would go to. A open forum so there would be speed, function and transparency. "

Agreed. It's very frustrating because obviously most of us would prefer to follow up on a post as opposed to start a new one on the same subject. I had a brief conversation with a member about a Schiit headphone amp that I own and his Schiit preamp and its gone.
Maybe there is a thread about these "gaps". I've become aware in searching the forums on a topic and reading the related posts, there do appear to be "gaps". Thread content is missing. Maybe the owners are saving $ on server space.
I owned the predecessor to the RT2000P - the RT20p. When I was in the market to replace these (handed them down to my son)I looked at the LSi25 but they just did not ignited any inner soul for me.I ended up with some B&W N804. Still have them.