PMC and what electronics ??

First off ,i do know that Bryston and PMC are mated well,and alot of Mcintosh is used also,But what else is used...Krell,Pass,etc. and what are your results
thanks john
mclsound
Coming in late to the discussion... That said, I work for PMC... In my travels I have heard many a good combination of our speakers with various electronics. Some of the best sound that I have ever heard from a PMC (not including the wide array of mastering studios using our MB2 & BB5 XBD Acitves) was the GB1i, such a tiny floorstander with a big sound. I've heard it with a Simaudio Moon i7 that sounded absolutely magnificent. I've heard those same Gb's with a Krell S-1000 and Evolution 400, absolutely fantastic yet again. A dealer of mine has the Bel Canto 300w monos and he say it's the best sound in his shop. A ton of Mac users love their PMC's. Any of the Parasound Halo's sound great with PMC. A longtime customer of mine has four different systems with various Audio Research pieces all with some PMC or another, obviously he's either content, obsessed, or both. There are so many different companies out there whose sonic signature can be conveyed for what it is through our speakers for better or worse.

Bryston is it for me though, with response that flat and that much power on tap... With a 20 year warranty? It's easy..

note: we are no longer officially affiliated with Bryston outside of our highest end active systems.
Mvwhiting,

Are there measurements published for the GB1i. The predecessor appeared to has some strong resonances on the mid/woofer, possibly due to the TL?

I must say that my favorite two way speaker from the 80's was Energy Pro 22 which also has a very low crossover (1.8 Khz). I see you crossed over at 2 Khz! This enables you to avoid the beaming that occurs in nearly all large woofer/mids above about 1 Khz.

The success of the GB1i speaker despite the bumpy frequency response (see link) suggests that WIDE EVEN DISPERSION is extremely important - perhaps a lot more important than ruler flat frequency response on axis.

For this reason, I suspect I still prefer three way designs and your company makes some of the best studio three ways in the business (by far).

Care to comment on the Gb1i design and the unusually low crossover?
My neighbour brought his PMC IB1's over this wknd for a true comparison of the MB2/IB1,and as you know the MID was truely the big difference..well and BASS.We did not have some large amps available(Bryston 14bsst,Krell FPB600 etc.)But we used the Classe CA300 and the Sim Audio Titan on single amp playing and bi-amping(we agreed we liked the 300 on mid/hi and Titan on bass)and whether you are listening to Classical/Jazz at 4 on the volume or Madonna/MJ these speakers sound precise and true.We used my Krell HTS 7.1 pre/pro and a Raysonic CD128 with Bugle Boy tubes, all balanced...Well don't let anyone fool you,the mids are night and day once you get these speakers side by side....and the Bass is up to par with the mid in 2ch.We both agreed that these speakers are some of the best we ever heard.
john