PMC and what electronics ??

First off ,i do know that Bryston and PMC are mated well,and alot of Mcintosh is used also,But what else is used...Krell,Pass,etc. and what are your results
thanks john
mclsound
Yes passively tri-amped - its a big improvement over bi-amping.

Not the naim nap 500 with the mb2 I am afraid. It keeps cutting out at more then 10 o clock on the volume control. Maybe ok with smaller pmc but bryston sounds so much better than naim with pmc I dont know why anyone would try.
I have no experience with Bryston amplifiers but I recently purchased a pair of PMC EB1i's and McIntosh MC352 from Audio Classics mated with a C2300 tube pre-amp. I settled on the EB1i's after after owning B&W 803D's and other speakers in this range. I absolutley love the PMC's, the most honest speaker I have ever listened to. Good vinyl recordings sound spectacular on these speakers as well and I am hearing detail like I have never heard. My B&W's seemed to have more "punch" in the bass department probably due to the 3 driver design, but nowhere near the soundstage. These speakers envelop the room with very deep bass all the way down to 19hz. I have owned k-horns in the past which encompass folded horn cabinet design to achieve extended bass, but let me assure you, the mighty khorn doesn't hold up in the bass department to EB1i's in my hummble opinion.
I recently purchased a pair of the tiny DB1+s. Amazing sound from such a small speaker. Mine are passively bi-amped with a pair of PS Audio Trio A-100 amps. Very nice sound once I got the sub integrated properly. The nice thing about the A-100s and bi-amping is, they have a rear panel switch which allows for bi-amping with a single cable.
He is contemplating of getting another two units of 4B-SST since the speakers can be tri-amped.

That would be overkill. The Vifa midrange on the EB1i has a very small magnet (240 grams) with low Xmax and FOR SURE the tweeter does not need 200 watts...

I'd suggest your friend looks for much smaller powered amps for the tweeter and midrange - a much lower powered class A might be the ticket.

FWIW: It is definitely worth triamping as you can remove IMD distortion (distortion bleeds from one bandwidth to the next when you use a passive crossover and a single amplifier that is trying to send several AMPS to the Woofer but barely a milli-amp to the tweeter)