PMC and what electronics ??

First off ,i do know that Bryston and PMC are mated well,and alot of Mcintosh is used also,But what else is used...Krell,Pass,etc. and what are your results
thanks john
mclsound
I recently listened to a friend's system that is comprised of the EB1i driven by one 4B-SST. Source is a Mac to an Ayre DAC. Sounds good with exemplary bass notes. He is contemplating of getting another two units of 4B-SST since the speakers can be tri-amped. He was advised by the dealer than the bigger PMCs need a lot of power to come alive. Another factor to consider is the passive PMCs can be converted to actives by some modifications which will totally transform them to another league.

Not too sure the purpose of this thread but if you are considering PMC speakers, do consider the bigger ones if possible -OB1i and above. My friend said that he would never go back to smaller speakers after listening to the EB1i mainly due to the very full and deep bass coming out from these transmission line speakers. One can literally feel the thumping bass notes hitting the chest. He mentioned he cannot get that with his previous Audio Physics Scorpio driven by Nagra which the system was completely outclassed by the Bryston/PMC. Voices also sound real and uncolored albeit some can sound little harsh and glaring mainly due to the audio files ripped from less than perfect CDs. Overall it was still very listenable.

He didn't try any other amps with the EB1i.
A friend of mine has his PMC GB1i speakers powered by a Bryston 3B SST and the combo sounds amazing.
the purpose of this thread is
1-NOT to bash Bryston but to see if anyone has tried the likes of Krell or other amps(really curious)
2-To see were other electronics sit with PMC such as source and pre/pro
Yes i was fortunate enough to acquire MB2's and have a Krell HTS 7.1,Sim Audio Titan(7ch) and i am looking at a Krell SACD Standard...i am curious on others trials and errors really...
thanks guys
john
Hi there;

I own a pair of PMC IB1's. Shortly I will be selling these(mint black ash pair) and they will be replaced with the New PMC IB2i's. I am looking forward to them!
As far as amplification, I started off with Anthem MCA series,
followed by Bryston 4bsst's. They where similar, but the Bryston had better control.
I then changed to McIntosh C500t tube pre and MC501 mono blocks. I could not be happier as far as the PMC's now sing!
Don't get me wrong the McIntosh bass is different than Bryston,but not by much. Where I feel the McIntosh takes over is the overall musicality.
I know the PMC IB2i's will take things up a few notches shortly.
Just my 2 cents in my system.
Cheers!
I have pmc mb2 xbd active

pmc work best with bryston but must either be active or triamped to come alive