Plinth ideas for DENON PD-80 DD turntable

While my pair of Victor TT-101 still sleeping in the storage, i decided to buy another Flying Saucer.

The DENON DP-80, vintageknob always have nice images and info about rare stuff...

On that page you see DP-80 with DA-401 tonearm for hich compliance cartridges (i have this tonesm NOS). It could be an interesting project, it was hard to resist ...

The question is the Plinth for this Denon DP-80.
The original DK-300 plinth is an option, but searching for something better i found this one.

Custom made plinth is always an option and i have superb Audio-Technica AT-616 pneumatic insulators to use under the plinth.

But what do you guys using with your Denon PD-80 ?

P.S. some companies now producing even an iron cast plinth and graphite plinth, i have no access to graphite, but iron cast here is cheap to make a custom plinth.
128x128chakster
Chakster from the text you quote, it seems that the new product is a “real transformer“ in that it has a primary and a secondary that are discrete from each other. This provides the mentioned galvanic isolation. What you have been using sounds like an autoformer. An autoformer has certain advantages over a transformer in some applications, but probably not for simply stepping down the voltage. 

I use a 50 W step down transformer that I purchased on eBay it is conveniently small. I have one each for my L07D and for my Dp80. Even 50 W is overkill.
@lewm don’t forget that you stepdown from 110/117 to 100v, but i must stepdown from 220/240 to 100v like everyone in Europe.

From what i’ve read the stepdown device must be at least 3 times higher in wattage compared to the actual source (turntable). For the amps the power of stepdown trans definitely must be much higher as far as i know.

I have no problem with mine, each one is 1000w, but as i said i use just one trans for everything japanese and another trans for everything american. I can connect 2-5 devices to each stepdown trans.

I’ve been using a cheap 30w max "super" stepdown autoformer before (it looks like power adapter), but the price for those chinese stepdown devices was nearly the same compared to 10-20 times more powerful local made autoformers people using here for japanese and american audio electronics. So i went for the powerful, the equal autoformers made in USA cost $500 (local made cost under $100).

Japanese stepdown devices like Toyozumi CD240 (or KD1000) are also autoformers and cost 3 times higher. They are very popular here.

But seems like real transformer with galvanic isolation is always better for critical audio devices, especially for amps. And safer for the user.

P.S. I know nothing about technical aspect of the step down transformers and about impact on the audio, i believe it is far more important for the amps than for the turntables. I'd like to have one stepdown for everything (universal), not many different stepdown devices. 

I have one from KAB recommended for Technics, he's got another one at the moment  on his site for $5.95 (scroll down for SFWO 010 oil). 

"This is the official original SFWO 010 oil. Anderol 465 aircraft quality synthetic acknowledged by Panasonic to be the original factory reccomended oil for all Technics turntables. It is great for all steel/brass/bronze bearing spindles as well. Now being supplied in a long narrow stem pipette to easily reach into tight spots."

I'm absolutely loving this thread especially given that I am eventually gonna get round to finishing off two plinth projects for a: 

Sony TTS 8000
JVC QL10 (TT101)

I have effectively two designs in mind.

I have thus far made two 'aerolam' style planks using aluminium plate sandwiching aluminium honeycomb

I unfortunately messed up a aluminium Panzerholz sandwich (I do have another plank)

My intention was to make a plinth using:

Top plate aerolam sandwich
Subchassis aluminium Panzerholz chassis
corian side cheeks (bright orange to look like the PSx9)
lexan supports from top plate to sub-chassis 

My other thought was to try and either emulate 

A. Townshend Rock reference - Bitumen, plaster of Paris (and anything else you know goes into it)
or
B. Sony TB2000 style - don't know if I can make a bulk mould compound.

I am getting the TT101 serviced but thankfully have a QL10 base - I'm wondering if that plinth is actually any good.

Love to hear your views.