Plinth for Thorens TD124

Just bought a TD124, which is arriving with a tonearm (SME 2009) but no plinth. My regular TT is an Amadeus, but I have been wanting to try one of these Idler drives and see what the fuss is about. I see some fairly inexpensive basic refinished original plinths available for a few hundred, then the Schopper models for around 600? Not sure what currency they are quoting... And then there are some very pricey plinths also from companies like Artisan Fidelity.
I am really just looking for something to get me started and get an idea of how these sound, not necessarily the end game. I want something good enough to show the virtues of the table without being over the top. Any thoughts or recommendations?
dbarger

Showing 1 response by fjn04

Good for you. I have been very intrigued by the Idlers, after having heard the big Shindo tableĀ…. The analog guy at Fidelis in NH also knows a lot about Idlers. I believe he runs a 124 and a 301/401. I am also in the market, and have listened to both Feickert, and Luxman recently. Like you, I am looking to upgrade from the Amadeus GTA. I am also going to listen to Brinkman, which will bring DD in to the mix. I haven't had the courage to dive in to an Idler, so again, good for you.