Plinius SA250 or Gamut D200

Hi,

I'm looking for others opinion on these 2 amps, I have heard the Gamut D200 with the Dynaudio 1.3SE and found it to be very neutral but laking warmth that I'm used to, I'm also thinking of the Plinius SA250 as it is a Class A amp and it gives me the impression that it would have the warmth I'm looking for.

Please tell me what you think both of them?

Thanks,
Satyam.
sbfx

Showing 4 responses by sbfx

Hi Cytocycle,

I currently am using a Audio Aero Prima Dac/Pre with a Conrad Johnson MF2500 powering the Dynaudio 1.3SE and find this setup too laid back and uninvolving now.

I have heard the Gamut with the Gamut Pre-amp and a Meridian CD-Player I enjoyed the setup but it was lacking warmth that I like, though I have no idea how it sounds with the Audio Areo Dac/Pre.

Thanks,
Satyam.
Hi Cytocycle,

I'm using Star Sound Tech Sonoran(Copper) Cables, I cant put the speakers further into the room for various reasons right now its about 3'feet from the back wall and 2'feet from the side wall and my room size is about 12W*24L*8H.

I have'nt filled my speaker stands or installed spikes between the stands and the speakers, the whole presentation of the music is too distant, I'm going to fill the stands with lead-shots and see if makes a difference.

Is there anything else I can do or is it best to change my amp?

Regards,
Satyam.
Hi Skipperrik,

What SS do you recommend a Gamut,Plinius(Class A) or something else I'm looking for balanced sound with a little warmth.

Thanks,
Satyam
Hi Skipperrik,

The butler is a interesting amp I checked the website and mailed them about the pricing, also I wanted to know if it would be able to drive a Dynaudio Confidence C5 which I plan to buy in the near future they are a rather diff load to power.

Thanks,
Satyam