Plinius SA103

Looking at picking up a Plinius SA103 as I hear that they are a contender to my list of amp
collection. I had the SA250 Mk2 in my system and it was truly a great class A and A/B piece that can be toggled when you want to go from 1 to the other. The SA250 MK2 was very musical and holographic with great bass but suffered a tad in detail in the upper mids and highs  maybe due to having it connected to my Sonus Faber Olympica lll at the time more known for there silk dome tweeter or me maybe not playing enough with cables etc.

My setup today his will include Focal Sopra #2's with a titanium tweeter and bigger more detailed midrange.

Please keep me posted if you have any comments regarding this amp as I don't have a near by dealer where I can audition one.

128x128blumartini
Well regarded amps.

My first good amp was a Plinius pre/power in 1986.
Still have it, as well as a later model Plinius pre/power.
@errybj

No question. I owned the SA-250 Mk2 and it was a musical beast. I hoping someone out there will be able to give ab A/B comparison or any sonic characteristics that can be shared.

Cheers
@blumartini 

The SA103 is a wonderful amp but I have not heard the SA-250 so I can’t comment on it. I did send you a message on the SA103 that I have.

Lance
I had an SA-103 a few years ago. I thought it was a great sounding SS amp. Ultimately I am a tube guy and moved it on, but if solid state is your thing, it's hard to go wrong with that one.

Oz