Plinius SA102, single versus mono?

Hi,

I use Plinius SA102 amp partnered by AA Capitole MKII, SE and B&W N802. As most of us, I try to get utmost of the system, still thinking of 802's to "sing" to their full potential.
Has anybody experienced running Plinius SA102 with stereo and then 2 x SA102 in mono configuration? I just wonder how much the extra spare power enables more pronounced articulation with mids and high's. Is it worth of the effort, and how compared to Plinius SA 250 MKIV?
thomaskatewicz

Showing 2 responses by timothywas1

Greetings Thomaskatewitz; Ive had dual mono Plinius 102s for about 2 years now { serial #s 2173 in black/ and #1865 in silver}in my opinion everything stays the same, no harhness in tone, soundstaging remains intact but your micro and macrodynamics, because of increased power go through the roof, albeit pleasently.Everything that makes this a great amplifier just gets better and more pronounced, bass which has always been a strongsuit is simply fantastic with detailed drums, skins,kickdrums, rimshots and circular drum patterns as the artist works his kit very you- are-there- realistic with excellent seperation. Guitar strings with changing tone colors rising out of a dense sonic envelope all the while allowing you to focus on any part of the spectrum, no congealing .As for the midrange, its a in "the room presence" with any well recorded vocalists and especially so with unprocessed or direct to disc accoustic settings, thats not to say rock and pop are not worth a listen, just that it may have you searching for better recordings.