Plinius sa102. or jeff rowland model 6

Hi! I'm in the marked for a new amp for my audio physic avanti 5,
Found these amps within my price range of 2-3000$
Any opinions or recommendations would be appreciated !
jamyki79
I actually compared the two back in the day. They are both excellent amps, but the Jeff Rowland ended up dull and dark in comparison. The Plinius is cleaner and has more detail and definition to the midrange. The Plinius has a tighter bass with good slam, and a much more open top end.

I ended up buying the Plinius SA-102 and have owned it ever sense. The only amp I have heard that I would replace it with is the Plinius SA-103, but I can't afford to upgrade.
I have a strong preference to tube amps but being in this hobby, I've dabbled into solid state. I've owned at least one model within all what would be considered the major players.

Within the Rowland line I've owned a pair of model 7s, mono-blocked model 1s, and stereo model 1.

The last amp I've tried and actually still own is a Plinius sa100.

As Jadem, mentioned, the Rowland 7s were dark and dull (un-involving). I did like the mono blocked 1s, but not enough to be long term keepers.

The plinius is one of the best solid state amps I've heard, top 3. Very detailed but smooth and musical and warm. As close to my tube reference amps Ive heard.
I would have to third the vote for the Plimius amp.
I prefer the tonal qualities of Plinius over the Rowland line (which is also a very good amp). It's just my personal taste.
I've owned several Plinius amps and have settled with the Plinius SA Reference amp.
My friend owns the Plinius SA 102. It replaced 100 w 6550 tube monos. It's very good. It's an amp that a tube lover can appreciate. I had it in my system for a couple a weeks. At my place it replaced an ARC VT 100 mk2.
It's a little bit varmer than the ARC and the lows are superior. He got it back last week. I miss it. I never heard the JRDG.
The Plinius SA-102 is the best solid state amp I have owned... however, I still prefer a good tube amp from VAC or McIntosh.