Plinius SA-102 for Magnepan 3.6

Category: Preamps

I am keen to change my speaker system from ML SL3 to Magnepan 3.6R or ML Vantage/Summit. I am very keen on Maggies provided my amplifier - Plinius SA-102 can drive these Maggies. My room measures 25' by 13', 6 ' from the rear wall and 2' from the side walls. Listening position is 7' away. Can anyone advice?
abhijitd

Showing 1 response by chazzbo

But with maggies more current the better.Maybe slightly less harmonics would be Brytston that in 4B ST (or better yet 7B monos at 500 wpc) you get close to a bech of 300 watts (rated at 250).SST series is better but not money del that a 10 year old or less Bryston with 20 year warranty.Ultimate would be 4 B ST and latter get matchinhg amp.Not sure you have to use their little p-latic passive crossover (no longer made but availible for $150).Ultimate would be two 4 BST's ($2500 to $3K) and marchand tube or Bryston 10 crossover/I'd like my freind to get 10B sub and put dul sat multi driver subs like Vabndersteen,REL,or Martin Logan.Not best for home theatre but make up incjes of large 15 or 18" driver with three small drivers and are therfore fast enough for plannar or elctroststcics in speed and pitch accuracy.But subs aside it you look at past 20 years B&W might have been number one selling audiophile speaker but many years Magnepan was the brand and more have been mated with Byston since they have such good synergy.Different speaker that required less current I'd say defintely go with Plinius (among worst for Maggies is Krell) but Bryston is best bet.Last they don't effect timbre or other sonics of speakersd like they do with conventional box speakers Sound Anchor stands are good buy because they allow for DOWNWARD angling of Maggies.Most speakers you want to tip up (as many speaker stands are made to do) but reverse is with dipole.And you might find real improivement in soundstage,broadening of sweetspot etc.
G'luck
Chazz