Plinius 8200P or Bryston 3B-SST for Maggie 1.6 QRs

The only thing I have now is the Music Hall CD-25 player and I am planing on getting a pair of Maggies 1.6 QR.
Both price and the power rating are close. Bryston has a way longer warrantee, but I don't think the Plinius will die very soon anyway.

Has anyone try A/B these 2 amps with the 1.6 or other speakers and how do they compare?

I listen to pretty much everything, but Heavy metal and Rap.

I would really appreciate any suggestion regarding these two amp. with the maggie or in general

Also any suggestion on the preamp to go along with either amps? I only have 2-300 left after the amp.

Is the foreplay (bottleneck) that good? I have seen a rave review. If it's that good could someone give me some idea about what product level it can compete too?

Thanks a lot,

Ake

PS I know the CD-25 may become my weakest link if I get this set up that the upgrade is possible in near future.

Also I have done a lot of searching on AG before asking this question, but just wanna hear more about it. It's probably impossible to audition them before getting ones.
ake

Showing 2 responses by rgd

I think both of these amps would do a nice job (but a 4B-ST would do better...). You could always get a Plinius integrated that would negate needing a preamp...
AKE - if your budget is around $1000 you won't be getting a Bryston 3B-SST for near that amount - its too new a model. If you also require a preamp (based on your comment on the Bottlehead...) then no doubt your budget for both components is more than $1K and that is why I suggested the Integrated Plinius as opposed to the straight amplifier + a preamp...