Please suggest bookshelf with best bass response under $4000 pr.

Lately, I've been craving deeper, tighter bass. I'd like to hear some ideas for replacing my Silverline 17.5 monitors. Is this a stupid question, due to inherent limitations of driver size imposed by typical bookshelf dimensions, or might I actually do better with another speaker? Amplification is Wells Audio 150 watt SS Majestic integrated. Source is aging Jolida JD100 tubed cdp (in new year, I plan to replace this with another SS cdp or a transport/standalone dac combo). Thanks ! 
stuartk

Showing 1 response by kalali

Ive also heard great things about the Elac AS-61 monitors but they might just suck every amp of current from your amplifier in order to sound as they should.
The Calibre mentioned earlier is also very impressive both esthetically and sonically but they’ll push you way out of your budget when considering the cost of the stands required to match their quality.
Just as an aside, the monitors that keep blowing me away everyime I see/hear them at the NYC Audio Show are Sonner speakers designed and made in Massachusetts and only one model in their lineup. If you close your eyes you think they are huge floor-standers with incredible imaging and a wide and deep soundstage. Just boggles the mind how it could make this sound out of a two way pretty small monitors.The problem is they cost $10K and $12K including the stands. Probably others heard them as well at the show.