Please Suggest An Electronic Crossover

Speakers:  Infinity Kappa 9

Preamp:   Audio Research Reference 3

I’m looking to find an external crossover to add to my system.  Preferably a pre-owned unit…will consider new unit.

Would like to limit to $1k…but will go to 2k for the right unit.

128x128mitch4t
I am using a dbx venue 360 With a 12v linear power supply very transparent ordered a passive line level high pass crossover from Marchand electronics  as a experiment and use the dsp for only bass
 I have two Berringers (I upgraded to the DBX).  Both for sale and one was modded by Smiles Audio from the UK (losses 2 of the 6 inputs but off the charts improvement).  
Xilica brand and then probably look at either the xp 4080 or the more expensive xd 4080. The XD uses fir filters but you can probably get by with the xp. Unlike a lot of x-overs these actually have good musical tone and good chip power to handle using filters for notches etc as you do corrections. These are very popular with the klipsch crowd
If you’re going to do it, then I would suggest going to a FIR based DSP so you have the capability to also equalises phase.

That is where a significant amounts of the magic happens in passive speaker crossovers (opt not).

Or one can believe that spreaders which are not phase and time correct, are somehow still able to be referred to as having “high” fidelity. Built it is not true.