Please suggest a WiFi Streamer under $200

Hi all, this is for my secondary system in the living room. Don’t really do any critical listening here, I already have a DAC (Cambridge Audio Dacmagic) that has USB and SPDIF inputs so no need for a built in DAC. Currently using: iPhone > Apple lightning connector > Cambridge iPod dock > SPDIF> dacmagic.

Its my understanding that because I’m using an iPhone and lightning connector the sample rate won’t go higher than 44.1khz as the blue light has never gone beyond that even when listening to Tidal MQA. 
chipdelacalzada

Showing 1 response by glennewdick

only suggestion I have for you at that budget is a small form computer. like the apple mini or Asus vivo series. Used if you can find one. I bought my Asus vivo for couple hundred new and it has optical, USB, HDMI out. so I'm using that as my streamer optical out to my DAC. Also allows you to do other computer related things like YouTube streaming etc. You will need a TV/monitor for it though and a wireless all in one keyboard.I use a keyboard with a side track pad works well as I have my TV also in the listening room for the monitor. 

if you want MQA properly unfolded then your going to spend more money then your budget.

other then that your into things like the Blue Sound Node 2i but they are $500ish. 

also maybe a micorendu  

you may want to just continue using your IPhone for now.