Please Recommend Transport + DAC for $5K total

My current Jolida cdp is growing pretty long in the tooth. I could just replace it with another cdp, but it seems more prudent to go with separate transport and DAC, at this point. Would prefer gear made in N. America. Total expenditure not to exceed 5K. I'm considering Sim Audio Moon 260CD or Bryston BDP-3 as a transport. The thing is, I prefer the option of demoing at home and I haven't (so far) found any vendors offering that option with the Sim Audio piece. As for a DAC, same thing: it has to be something I can try out at home, like a Schiit Yggy or Benchmark DAC2HGC. Can anyone suggest other possibilities, given these parameters? My system: Wells Audio Majestic Integrated, Silverline 17.5 monitors, JD100 cdp. Speaker wire: Audio Art SE. Power cables: Audio Art Statement. IC's: Audioquest Cheetah.  Thanks! 
stuartk

Showing 1 response by mahler123

Instead  of getting the Bryston BDP 3 as a transport, consider getting the BDA-3 DAC.  It’s superb and has a gazillion inputs, including 4 HDMI.  It goes for about $3500:  I would then pair it with
the Bluesound Node 2 for streaming and usb and for polycarbonate discs NAD makes some inexpensive CD players.  Then add a Sony Blu Ray if you need SACD and Blu Ray.  The Sony isn’t made in North America but can be had for under $100 and sounds great via the HDMI of the Bryston, and you would still be spending 95% on North American products. If you don’t need SACD and Blu Ray, skip the Sony
  Actually the Sony makes Redbook sound pretty good on the Bryston and you can skip the NAD CDP and have about $1000 left in your budget