Please recommend speakers for ASL 1003

Hi, I am new here, and I have come looking for advice on speakers to pair with my ASL AQ1003DT integrated tube amp.

I auditioned B&W 802 and 703, JM Labs Chorus 706 and 707, DALI Royal Sceptre, and Infinity speakers. I did not like the Infinity speakers at all. I particularly liked the DALI Royal Sceptre and the B&W 802, but both of them are really out of my price range. I liked the JM Labs speakers, but their overall sound was not as impressive as the DALI's imaging and spaciousness or the B&W's imaging and solid low end.

I am reading very good things about the Omega Super 3, but I don't know if it is a good match for my amp (30 wpc Class A). I would like to get your opinion on a good (preferably 'bang-for-the-buck') speaker to pair with my 1003.

My room is around 16' x 16' x 9' ceiling, and is also a library. There are bookshelves all around the room. I do not know how that will effect the sound. I listen to rock, motown, jazz, blues, instrumental bluegrass/newgrass, and classical.

I use an HK 8300 CD player and an XM Delphi as sources to the amp, and I intend to buy SignalCable cables for power, analog, and speaker connections.

Thanks in advance for your help. I have been reading material on the Internet for weeks, but I am going in circles and I would really appreciate some help.
mrpapa

Showing 1 response by ralvarad

consonance opera audio eric 1
bought on audiogon from a dealer
whose name i have forgotten.

playing now thru scott 299c. very sweet
refined sound. not lacking highs or lows.

also, klipsch RB-5II. different, more dynamic
sound.

either should be available ~$500