Please recommend new headphones for listening to Qobuz on iPhone

I've been streaming Hi-Res music from Qobuz on my iPhone, attached (with the camera adaptor, of course) to an iFi hip-dac. My headphones are an old pair of AKG K240 Mk IIs. I've been having some fun, surprisingly -- I'm not much of a headphone guy, actually -- to the point that I'm wondering about upgrading the 'phones.

Let's say I was willing to spend about $400, and was looking for clarity, soundstage, cymbals that sound like cymbals instead of like, well, like tin cans.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Also, if a bit more scratch -- another hundred or so -- could yield a whole lot more musical enjoyment, I'd be happy to hear about that, too.

Thanks very much.

-- Howard

hodu
looking for clarity, soundstage, cymbals that sound like cymbals instead of like, well, like tin cans.
Another vote for HifiMan.  I was looking for the same things, and I play drums so I’m very sensitive to how cymbals are reproduced.  I’m using the 400S with a Dragonfly Red and am very happy with what I’m hearing and suspect you would be too.  Moving up to the 400i or Sundara I’m sure gets you even more.  Best of luck. 

Out of my iPhone I use the Airpod Max and it sounds very good to my ears, and it takes calls 
Post removed