Please recommend a $1500 SS or Hybrid integrated to pair with Silverline 17.5 monitors

I'm seeking more power in my system (Jolida 302B 50 watt tube integrated , Jolida JD100 tube cdp and Silverline 17.5 monitors) and have $1500 (used is OK) to spend on an integrated. I've got a Peachtree nova 150 on order and am wondering what other units I should consider that are tipped toward the warm side of neutral (non-fatiguing highs, better-than-lean mids). While I may, in the end, wind up staying with tubes, at this point I'm interested in exploring alternatives. I tried a 100 watt Margules ACRH-1.2 and liked it very much but it had a ground problem and I've heard from others who've had similar issues, so I'm looking for alternatives. I know Vincent makes a 50 watt hybrid but I suspect it won't rival the quickness and exciting dynamics I heard when the 100 watt Margules was in my system. I also tried a Parasound Halo but found it rather uninvolving. I guess the Rogue Sphinx might be worth a listen. Has anyone compared Sphinx and nova 150???
stuartk

Showing 2 responses by soix

I'd save up my pennies and buy a used PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium HP integrated.  Best of luck.
Yeah Stuart you're correct.  I recommended it because it's got a bit more power and probably better dynamics than your Jolida and would preserve that slightly warm tube thing.  JA powered a pair of YG Carmel 2s with it with good success and they're a much tougher load than your Silverlines so thought it might work.  And honestly off the top of my head I couldn't think of a hybrid integrated to recommend that meets your needs, and I think the Sphinx may be a bit on the cool side for you unless you do some tube rolling.  Peachtree might be great but no experience with them.  Have you looked at Unico integrated amps?  Looks like they make a bunch of hybrids but again no direct experience with them.  Best of luck.