Please recommend a $1500 SS or Hybrid integrated to pair with Silverline 17.5 monitors

I'm seeking more power in my system (Jolida 302B 50 watt tube integrated , Jolida JD100 tube cdp and Silverline 17.5 monitors) and have $1500 (used is OK) to spend on an integrated. I've got a Peachtree nova 150 on order and am wondering what other units I should consider that are tipped toward the warm side of neutral (non-fatiguing highs, better-than-lean mids). While I may, in the end, wind up staying with tubes, at this point I'm interested in exploring alternatives. I tried a 100 watt Margules ACRH-1.2 and liked it very much but it had a ground problem and I've heard from others who've had similar issues, so I'm looking for alternatives. I know Vincent makes a 50 watt hybrid but I suspect it won't rival the quickness and exciting dynamics I heard when the 100 watt Margules was in my system. I also tried a Parasound Halo but found it rather uninvolving. I guess the Rogue Sphinx might be worth a listen. Has anyone compared Sphinx and nova 150???
stuartk

Showing 1 response by gdhal