Please Reccomend Good speakers for $2000 - $2500

I have been an avid audiophile for quite some time and am looking to upgrade my speakers. I am unfortunately on a very tight budget. I have a Cambridge Audio Azur 640C CD player, and a 120 wpc NAD integrated amp. Cardas Cross cabling throughout, and a Monster 5100 Power Conditioner. Currently I am using Definitive Technology (stifle the groans please :) Power Monitor 700's on Sumiko Stands. They are the best speaker I've ever had, but nowhere near the best I've ever heard. I would sell them and some other stuff lying around, chip in some more dough and upgrade. It is a small room, and I tend to prefer soft tweeters and Danish drivers in general but I am open to ANY AND ALL reccomendations. I am not afraid to go used either. Thanx :)
phoenix469

Showing 1 response by elsneb

Green Mountain Audio Callisto's are an excellant value and performance. I have owned Eminent Technology LFTIII and LFTVIII and the Green Mountain Callisto's are in a category of their own. They are bottom ported, throw a huge sound stage and you don't have to be in the prefered "sweet spot" to enjoy them. $2295 for the pair, the best monitor I have owned. Read the GMA forums and the review:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/gma2/callisto.html

Good luck!