Please help my ignorant a$$, I just want a good streamer...I think.

For starters let me get this out of the way up front. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND COMPUTERS OR THE LANGUAGE. 

My current set up consists of A custom built Aric Audio 6SN7 line stage, Peachtree 300 amp, Marantz CD6007, Denafrips Pontus II and a Node 2i. All cables DIY Helix design per My Audio Alchemy. Speakers are Monitor audio silver 500's.

In my head I should be able to improve upon the Node. I have been reading threads here and some other forums. I think I want something like a Lumin U1 Mini. Maybe one of the Innuos units with the ripping capability. Just not so sure about the Ripping CD's as that is going to involve hard drives and stuff. Which I would probably have to hire someone I can't afford to make it work. 

Then there are the folks who chime in on most threads at some point. These guys seem to challenge themselves to see how many pieces of stuff they can hook up to stream. How can a chain of 4,5,6 components with all their connections and power supplies not have negative effects not to mention where do they put all this stuff?

I have a cable that comes into my house that plugs into the thing my desktop computer plugs into. I plug an Ethernet CAT8 cable into that (the box not my computer) then into my Node. 

What is the benefit of all individuals pieces? It sure doesn't seem like it saves any money at all. By the time you buy a few pieces of pie some hats, switches, clocks, sonores, rendues and whatever else I am forgetting. Then power supplies and cables to hook it all up.

Then there is the Roon camp. My best bud has Roon. Took Him a few grand including gear and a computer guy from the place he bought it ( he was nice enough help on his own time) and a week to make it work. So that kind of soured me on the Roon idea. 

Don't get me wrong I am a hands on person, pretty mechanical. But when my computer has problems if unplugging it for a day doesn't fix it I go buy a new one and start from scratch (usually have to send the wife to a friends place for a weekend it gets ugly real ugly). Complete idiot! 

In the end I would like the best streamer option I can get under say $2500. I need it to be as "plug and play" as possible or come with amazing instructions/guidance or even better someone that could actually teach me. Someone that can explain on my level. 

I am going to stop here as it seems I am rambling! I am probably leaving stuff out I am sure so please ask and I will fill in. 

I have a great sense of humor so feel free to have some fun with me, I will return it! I just want to make a good decision. Show me what I am missing or not!

Cheers.

J.F.

johnfritter

The beauty of streaming is you can make it simple or complex. Simple, get a server, plug in usb cable to dac, done. The software side is something you get familiar with over time.

Streaming became complicated when manufacturers came up with usb thingies, streamers, ethernet filters of all kinds, audiophile switches, etc. And they still keep coming. Now, over time some persist in marketplace because they provide some benefit for at least some people, others disappear if they provide no benefit or bested by newer product. I suspect these products will persist forever, or at least until there becomes a single standard or benchmark product that all will agree is best. NOT counting on that!

And, then I haven't even mentioned all the music player software available, and the means to control it.

Complexity is the audiophile standard operating procedure. Back in the day my family had stereo console, receiver, turntable, speakers, integrated amp, phono pre all in one cabinet. Plug it into wall, shazam! Now I've lost count of all the components, cables, etc in my system.

I wound up with an NAD M33. It looks great, sounds great and is extremely convenient and reliable as a one piece solution. Read some reviews. The Bluesound on board program has an easy to learn system and, if you buy from Crutchfield you can benefit from competent and patient handholding at no charge for life. I use Qobuz, Tune-in, and Radio Paradise primarily, all of which (and about a dozen more) are preloaded into the Included BluOS app. This approach saves on confusion and eliminates cables. 

Go to Crutchfield.com and read about the M33 before making things even more complicated by listening to well meaning purists. Unless, of course, you aspire to extreme purity yourself, in which case don’t listen to me.

Buy a book take a class.  It's 2022 and computers are everywhere.  Without a simple understanding of what's going on you are an easy target for every slick ad out there and without a trusted source (Audiogon... I kid) you will surely overpay and very likely not get the sound or convenience you're looking for

Yeah, you and I have the same brain when it comes to computers.  To me, it’s a black box containing a black hole of problems I can’t hope to understand — nor do I want to. 

In the end I would like the best streamer option I can get under say $2500. I need it to be as "plug and play" as possible or come with amazing instructions/guidance or even better someone that could actually teach me. Someone that can explain on my level. 

To me, and as others have recommended above, the Innuos Zen Mk3 was pretty much made for you (and me).  Just feed your CDs into it and done — all your music now available from your chair along with worlds of new music.  The new Sense app gets great reviews for features and sound quality, and if you ever have a problem Innuos’ customer support is first rate and will walk you through solutions.  No brainer if you ask me.  Best of luck!