Please Help Me Choose a Speaker Cable

I need to replace my existing speaker cable setup with something more wife-friendly. I am currently bi-wiring with Audioquest Type 4 (tweeters) and Aperature 16 (woofers). About 20 years ago I bought the wires off a spool and had them built w/ banana plugs. You can see a pic of the offensive cable setup on my system page (https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/6318). I put a nice jacket over the cables hoping that would be enough to clean up the messiness.

What I want is something of equal quality that will also fit inside my VTI speaker stands. The stands have a 3/4 inch opening and the 4 banana plugs don’t fit through. I want to continue bi-wiring but would go single if the sound was just as good on a different set of cables. A bi-wired cable terminated with two spades at the amp side would fit through the stands (2 banana plugs might fit also).

I don't want to spend more than $600 and need a 10-12 ft. pair. There appear to be a lot of options on Agon right now. I see names I know are pretty good like Audioquest and Kimber. If I were to pick one I would probably go with the Audioquest Rocket 88 or CV-8 or maybe the PS Audio Xstream. Maybe there are better options for less? Will the cables in this price range be good as or better than what I have? If not, maybe I should try terminating the two cables into one set of banana plugs on the amp end to see if that fits.  I guess I would prefer spades because they would be more flush to the speakers, thus a little cleaner looking.  

Thanks.
treebeard1
lots of debate on this.  also consider a single wire cable with jumpers at the speaker...
It looks rather neat to me. But, I don't look in back of equipment much.
AQ Rocket 88's would be my choice with a double run.
Do you need bananas? Can you speakers accept spades? The latter are supposed to be better in terms of connectivity.
@jl35 
I certainly don't want to start that debate.  I don't know the answer but will need to figure it out via testing on my own.  Regarding the jumpers, I'm not sure how they accomplish anything.  The signal is not seperated until the end of the journey.  To me it seems the same.

@gdnrbob 
I kinda like it too.  Adds muscle.  But it's easy to see because of where it's located. Don't need bananas but I had spades on those wires before and they kept coming off or loosing connection.  Maybe it was the speakers problem.  It was a different speaker.

I notice a lot of more expensive speaker cables and interconnects have what AQ is calling a dielectric-bias system (DMS).  Is this something I should look for?  I have something like this on my interconnects but no batteries, just a bump in the cable.  Again, not loking for a debate for or against.