Please help ...integrated amp under $1200

Looking to upgrade my system...integrated amp with new floor standing tower speakers...Would like to stream in addition to vinyl and cds.
Looking at Cambridge cxa 80, nad  c368 ....Possibly monitor silver 10 speakers, Any thoughts or positive recommendations would be most appreciated. Just looking for some practical guidance. Not sure if I want a streamer or can use my laptop or iphone.
tboy

Showing 1 response by rspyder

The only brand new modern integrated I know at that price point that will generate enough watts to drive efficient (i.e. 6 ohm) floorstanders is the Cyrus One.  I heard it at the Munich High End Show and it was a jaw dropper.  Hard to believe something that small and reasonably priced could be packed with so many features and still deliver the goods - and it did! 

If you are prepared to consider the used market then I highly recommend any Octave integrated.  They don't hit the used market often and when they do they get snapped up quickly.  Their build quality, reliablity and (most importantly) sound are very hard to beat.

Ray