Please help ...integrated amp under $1200

Looking to upgrade my system...integrated amp with new floor standing tower speakers...Would like to stream in addition to vinyl and cds.
Looking at Cambridge cxa 80, nad  c368 ....Possibly monitor silver 10 speakers, Any thoughts or positive recommendations would be most appreciated. Just looking for some practical guidance. Not sure if I want a streamer or can use my laptop or iphone.
tboy

Showing 1 response by joekapahulu

I second checking out a Marantz 8005.  I got one two years ago as backup to my Vintage McIntosh separates. I was curious to hear a modern integrated and auditioned Rogue, Marantz, Rega, Cambridge,NAD, Yamaha, others. I was very taken by the Marantz because it offered good clean dynamic sound, transparency, a neutral to warmish sound, ample current, direct to amp signal or extensive tone controls, ability to use two sets of speakers, preamp out etc. I got it and have set it up as a second modern system right beside my semi vintage kit. It was made in the Japanese Marantz  Reference factory sounds very close to their Refernce gear (I compared) for less money. I have found its too good to be a backup. It's different than the sound of my primary system but also good. BTW, I run it with Kef R300 monitors but it also sounded good with my Ohm Walsh speakers and my Spendor S3/5s.