Please help! - Buy VPI Classic or keep Technics 1200

I've got upgraditis and am thinking about treating myself to a new audio component for Christmas.  I currently have a Technics 1200 with a Denon 103R cartridge and a heavily modified Jolida JD9 phono stage.  Yes it sounds fantastic but I don't know what I am missing with a VPI Classic or similar table.  There isn't a place close to me where I can go for a demo.  

My question is for you experts - would there be a substantial sound improvement with a VPI Classic  or Classic 2 table if I were to invest the $4,000 in comparison to my Technics 1200?  Would it take the sound to a higher level?  (which is something that I am looking for).  I don't really care about aesthetics or bragging rights but what I do care about is performance and functionality.
audioman2015

Showing 1 response by dave_72

i would keep the technics at all costs because it’ll be tough to find a cheap 1 in pristine shape which i would imagine yours is. and if you wanna buy a new 1, the cheapest model, the 1200gr which just debuted at ces, is gonna be around 2k usd list. i’m never selling my 1210m5g, regardless whether i upgrade or not...just for the simple fact that it’s out of production...