please help BHSE or Stax 727 with Bel canto CD2...

Hello all,

I would appreciate your advise. I currently have a Bel Canto dac 2.5 with Stax SR-007 MKII headphone and a Stax SRM-323II amp (which, obviously needs to be updated!). I am trying to decide whether it would be a better investment to buy a Blue Hawaii SE (BHSE) or a Stax 727II AND add a Bel Canto CD2 and a Bel canto VB1 to use them with my DAC. I know, of course, that, by itself, the BHSE is much superior than the Stax 722II, but the excessive heat and size of it make me hesitate. Besides, I don't what to think about the whole package vs only the BHSE.

Thanks for considering this dilemma!

Regards,

dlavoie
dlavoie

Showing 1 response by mikelavigne

better source or beter amp?

which is more important?

i ordered a BHSE back on March 1st. i finally heard one at RMAF in October. delivery is still a few months away.

i own a Stax SRM-717 myself, as well as O2 mK1 and 009 cans.

my opinion is that it's easy to find pretty good inexpensive digital sources; but if your agenda is to have state of the art performance then get the BHSE. the better digital source with the 727 will be fine; but the O2 mK2 cans are really good and the BHSE will allow them to sing. the fact that you cared enough to get the Stax O2 Mk2's speaks volumes.