Please help- Arcam AVR-300 or B&K AVR507

Well, I've narrowed it down to these two receivers for my entry into the world of multi-channel music and movies. Each has essentially what I'm looking for, but some features do vary. I'll list my main pluses and minuses and would love to hear from any owners of either.

B&K AVR 507:
Pluses:
Nice build quality/looks (made in U.S.A.)
Nice remote (SR10)
Flexible bass management, crossover, eq setting abilities
Rated power (true ability)
Can rename inputs for front panel display
Can adjust speaker levels (trim) on the fly without the OSD
Minuses:
Routes all signals through DSP if bass management is used (I think)
Cost about $1000 more than the Arcam

Arcam AVR300
Pluses:
The one available review I've read says it is very musical for two channel music only listening (an important feature for me)
You can use the sixth and seventh channels of amplification to "Bi-Amp" the two front (main) speakers
Has a cool turn-on volume level setting (so the wife and kids don't blow up any speakers)
Very extensive bass management, eq, speaker settings, though maybe not as extensive as the B&K.
Price, $1000 less than the B&K
Minuses:
Build quality (Made in China?)
Pretty basic remote
Can't rename front panel display names

Notes:
I realize that B&k has the 505 which has five channels of amplification and is a little cheaper, but I fear that the resale value on a 505 would be much less than a 507.
If I were to go with the Arcam that would leave about a grand for other h/w or s/w... namely an upgraded aftermarket remote and SACDs, DVD-As etc.
Any help, comments will be very much appreciated!

Best Regards & thanks in advance,
Dennis
lps2cd

Showing 1 response by froodyguy

I'm curious as to what you came up with. currently looking at the Arcam avr300 myself. Thanks!