Please Critique my Setup and Recommend Upgrade(s)

As a lifelong musician and former recording / pro audio engineer, this is my first foray into the world of HiFi and I could really use some advice and direction.  Last week I bought the following setup for a dedicated listening room that is essentially a 13x13 square room on three sides with the area behind me extending back another 25 or so feet.  There is a partial backwall about four feet wide but it is mostly open air behind me.  Ceilings are 9' and I have GIK bass traps in all corners, early reflection points on the side walls, and panels overhead between speakers and listening position.  Speakers are about 2 1/2 feet from back wall, 6 ft. apart, slightly toed in on cheap stands weighted down by cinder blocks.

1. 2017 VPI Scout Prime turntable with Ortofon Bronze
2. 2017 Rega Brio Integrated 50wpc Amp and Phono Stage
3. ELAC Uni-Fi UB5 Speakers

So far this setup certainly sounds good, but it isn't blowing me away either.  At lower volumes the soundstage feels a little small and two-dimensional.  At louder volumes the sound seems to fill the room more, thereby enhancing the soundstage and making the music feel more natural as opposed to coming from directly in front of me.  The stereo imaging is okay, but I expected a little more stereo separation.  Also, perhaps the speakers are still breaking in, but the ELACs don't seem to do the best job of presenting the music in a cohesive manner.  It sounds like the frequency bands are a little disjointed.    

Should I stick with the ELACs but consider a higher end integrated amp that can feed them a little more power like a Parasound Halo?  Or should I nix the ELACs and invest in some more efficient and higher end loudspeakers,e.g. Devore, ATC, ProAc, etc...?  Would I still get an audible improvement with these nicer and more efficient speakers if I stick with the Rega Brio, or do these high end speakers warrant a truly high end amp?  I ask because I likely can't upgrade both speakers and amp at the same time.    

I also considered the KEF LS50, but it seems like they are similar to the ELACs in that they are rather inefficient and need a powerful amp.  

529proaudio
I heard the ATC SCM19 v.2 recently at an owners home. If I was looking for a smaller 2 way they would definitely be on my short list. Clean powerful detailed and musical. Just bring the power they are not efficient. Not sure how they would pair with Mac. 
I'll definitely check the 19's with a Mac amp next time I go and whatever else they have.  I did like the harbeth speakers too!  Different dealer.  Harbeths do cost more unfortunately, but maybe Mac is a better pair with them.  Too bad the Harbeth dealer doesn't have Mac too. 

thanks for the response back! 
Just my own personal experience. I used to have a Mac C-45 preamp and MC-402 power amp. Had this combo for several years. Tried a Rogue Audio Pharaoh hybrid integrated, and it totally outperformed the Mac gear. Mac Combo= $12k.......Rogue Pharaoh= $3500.
Welcome to the madness! Once you begin on this audio journey, there's no going back!

You are getting lots of good advice here. In the end, only you know what 'sound' you like as it's a very personal thing.

I'll suggest a slightly different route. Consider a tube preamp mated to a pro audio amp (i.e. Yamaha, Crown, QSC, Soundcraftsmen, etc.). There is very good $ value to be found in pro audio gear.