Please critique my new DIY stylus cleaning system.

A sudden brainstorm led me to attempt the following. Collect a box of baking soda, a small watercolor paintbrush, a cup of distilled water and a Kleenex tissue or two. Make brush damp, then get some baking soda on the tip. Brush this over stylus back-to-front, covering stylus in soda and "painting" it in deliberate cleaning action. Then "collect" soda with brush and flick away into trash container. Rinse well with water-saturated brush, moving brush back-to-front again and rewetting a few times to keep brush clean. Dab stylus/cantilever dry with a soft Kleenex, letting moisture absorb into tissue. Wait a few minutes for air-drying, then play. After this procedure my cart simply came back to life (Denon 103D). Amazing! Has this been done before? Is it harmful? It sure was cheap and effective, and not much trouble. Thanks!

Scott
shirasagi

Showing 1 response by jes453dc3

I've used LP#9 for 5 years and have found it to work very well. Upon regular inspection under a microscope, I've found that it is very effective. A $25 dollar bottle will last for years.