Planet 2000 Interconnect, please help

I recently got a Rega Planet 2000. It does sound a little dark. I was using DH Labs BL-1. So, I looked for an IC that would bring out the detail and add a little sparkle. I ended up with HT Pro Silway II. I was surprised when they worsened the sound. They did add a BIT more high end, but the fullness and body of the music was gone. When I reinserted the BL-1, the sound was improved. I want to know what IC I should use that will have BOTH fullness and high detail. My budget is up to $500 retail.
(The BL-1 sounded so much better when I put it back in, I almost wondered if I should just stick with them)
Thanks much!
ptm

Showing 1 response by philjolet

I compared my Rega Planet 2000 with a Meridian 508/24 player and the Rega had MUCH less definition, dynamics and detail, enough so that I am thinking of selling it to move up. I know they are not in the same price league but when you think of spending $500 on IC's and add the price of the Rega you could almost buy the Meridian used.

IMO do not spend $500 on IC's but put the money into a better player.

I hope this is not too negative, the Rega does have nice tone but is a little warm and lifeless.