Pioneer VSX 74 vs Sony 7100 ES vs Denon 4306

ALL HAVE THE FEATURES I WANT. I HAVE AN SONY ES NOW TRYING TO UPGRADE. HDMI INPUTS AND 2 ZONE CAPABILITIES. ANY THOUGHTS ON THE ABOVE UNITS PLEASE.
bsm
The Sony STR-DA7100ES is supposed to be an incredible sounding receiver. One of its biggest benefits is that it supports iLink which will allow a digital signal passed directly from a SACD player (like the Sony DVP-NS9100ES) to the Receiver. Because the Sony uses Sonys S-Master Pro digital amplification, the signal never has to go through a digital-analog-digital-analog conversion like it would in most other setups.

Don't know about the others, but the Sony also upcoverts all incoming signals to HDMI so you only need one cable from receiver to TV/projector. Also, if you use the DVP-NS9100ES, you would only need one iLink cable connecting the DVD/SACD?CD player to the receiver. You could save a bundle of money in cables alone!

From what I've read heard from some folks I trust, the Sony STR-DA7100ES/ DVP-NS9100ES combo is VERY GOOD for its price.

BTW, I own the Sony STR-DA5000ES, which is a predecessor and a step down fron the 7100ES. I've owned about 10 other HT receivers over the last 5 years, Incuding Denon and a very expensive B&K. For me, the STR-DA5000ES is easily the best sounding of the bunch and its pretty easy to use!

YMMV, system synergy, blah, blah, blah, etc. But for me, I'm going to buy the STR-DA7100ES/DVP-NS9100ES combo for my new HT room when it is completed.......

Lastly, If you are going to buy Sony ES and want a good price, check with the Oade Brothers. They are a B&M store and are an authorized Sony ES web retailer. Their prices are generally the best in the US.

Enjoy,

TIC