Pioneer vs. Panasonic plasma

I'm in the market for a HD set and have been looking at LCD and Plasma and am probably going to buy a Pioneer plasma. The Pioneer (5070) just seems to have a better picture than any other plasma and most other TV's that I've seen.
Anyone else have any experiences to share on these sets?
Thanks,
Bill
mr_bill

Showing 4 responses by gocubs999

After an extensive side by side comparison of just about every plasma TV on the market the best is with little doubt the Pioneer Elite models (50 & 43 now 42 inch versions). If you speak to most who sell many different brands and are viewing these dispays daily, most will agree that they provide the highest quality. Examples are Tweeter, Magnolia and Highend audio/visual dealers. I have found that the newest Pioneer 1080P Elite versions are better than previous models when playing some BluRay discs, but; very similar in picture quality when playing standard DVD's....simply amazing. Pioneer has announced a new technology they will be previewing this summer that will represent their best yet. I will have to see it to believe it.
Here is a link to information on the newest plasma technology to be introduced by Pioneer in the near future. If they can provide the quality of a CRT in a flat panel display, as they claim.....they certainly will have tremendous success, continue to feed demand for plasma displays and re-establish a price point that they have dearly desired. Read on:
http://gear.ign.com/articles/753/753475p1.html
Dawgbyte,
That is a very good question. My research indicates that Toshiba has backed away from their original intent to introduce a flat panel display utilizing the SED technology in 2007. Here is a website you can go to to learn more about Pioneers intention for release of this newest technology. http://gear.ign.com/articles/753/753836p1.html
Type in Google "SED Flat Panel Display" to find a wealth of information on SED developments.
Hope this helps.
The average life expectancy for a plasma TV is approx. 30,000 hours. If you watch TV 6 hours a day 7 days a week....which is a lot, that means the life expectency before cells begin to fail is 13-14 years. I don't know about you, but; I would venture to say very few people hang on to a TV for that long. Normally, most will upgrade to a newer set/technology long before the set wears out. In fact, I would not be surprised if the CRT's of old (which still provide the best picture quality on the planet) would last that long without needing some repair(s). In addition many plasma models now offer some form of screen saver to protect the TV from burn in as well. OLED is just around the corner and with much less power consumption, a razor thin screen and superior picture, the myths surrounding conventional plasma TV's will be an after thought....and another reason to upgrade.
Just a thought.