Pioneer DV79AVi vs. Denon 3910 for audio quality?

I am looking at these two players with audio quality on CD, DVD-A, and SACD as the determiner. I have read a portion of the AVS thread on the 79AVi and most folks are very impressed with the audio quality. What about the Denon 3910?

Also, it seems some people feel the I-Link connection on the Pioneer offers superb audio quality due to the elimination of jitter in the digital signal that can occur with a coaxial connection.

For now, it will be connected via the analog outputs and coaxial digital to my Sony DA4ES receiver.

Any more comparisons or experience using these units for audio?

Thanks much
mtrot

Showing 1 response by johnnyb53

I am still on the fence between these two units in the ~$400 range, and now the Oppo 980H has reared its head as an alternative.
That's what I'm curious about as well. I could get an Oppo 980H now, but would need to put aside some time and cash to get a Denon 3910. Obviously the 3910 (and that Pioneer) are more substantially built than the Oppo, but when it comes to using it as a CD transport or as a self-contained multi-channel SACD/DVD-A player, are they worth the extra $400 for what they give back?