Pilliod Audio mono amplifiers with Hypex UCD400 HxR

I just received my new Pilliod Audio mono amplifiers with Hypex technology and wanted to post some photos and see if anyone else had experience with these. I purchase them to be an upgrade 
to my Auralic Merak mono amps. The Merak amps were about as refined and open as anyone could ever want so this is a tall order to fill.  My initial findings are they they're are at least as impressive but I will know more after the burn in. My source is a PS Audio Directstream DAC and Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE mod 2 with upgraded over and above the mod 2 upgrades, caps, regulators, Kiwame signal path resistors, Sparkos Labs descrete 3062 opamps and a few more that I will not mention. All playing from a Mac mini with upgrades and a separate regulated power source. 
128x128wideanglewatcher

Showing 2 responses by erik_squires

Very pretty case, and layout. Looks like they are NOT going with the Hypex PS but bulding their own linear supply.

Also interesting they went with the UCD instead of the latest nCore power amp. I’ve not heard either, but really want to listen to the nCore to compare against the ICEPower I currently use.

Best,

Erik
By the way, I think you can get Kiwame discounted if you look for KOA at Mouser. Last I looked the oddly speced resistors were identical.

Best,

Erik