Pigskin or jico leather mat

Does anyone here know where to buy a new pigskin or jico leather mat? I can’t seem to find a retailer- I am uk based

lohanimal

@lohanimal 

Size of a 12 inch record I guess 😂 who are they

Really - you will probably need to buy one that comes with a free pair of scissors then. Might pay to check before you spend your money.

The Victor glass mat is 289mm.

Most LP records are 300mm.

@atmasphere 

Ralph, the two or three times I have disagreed with you, you have been so freaking nice! I vow to not disagree with you any more. If you were to declare the Earth flat I would let it go. Seriously. If I disagree with you again I will just ask you a diplomatic question. 

Ralph, the two or three times I have disagreed with you, you have been so freaking nice! I vow to not disagree with you any more. If you were to declare the Earth flat I would let it go. Seriously. If I disagree with you again I will just ask you a diplomatic question. 

@fsonicsmith Thanks! And don't worry about it- The key to dealing with argument on the 'net is to not take it personally, and in the long run you make more friends! 😀

Wouldn't you want the mat to isolate the record from the turntable motor and bearing noise? I have a Hexmat eclipse mat (admittedly on the expensive side) but it only touches the record with about 1 square millimeter total area from 13 tiny nubs embedded (minimally touching) within a hexagonal mat of unknown material. I guess he doesn't want copy cats.

When playing it looks like it is floating, and is about the same height as my standard issue Rega mat 2-3mm. I agree with the  theory behind it and I have tried a bunch of different mats and haven't heard much of a difference but this one has great anti static/dust properties and never lifts up when removing a record like the Rega felt mat did at times. FWIW it is the Audiophile Man's favorite and he claims it reduces the noise floor.