Pickering xsv/4000 replacement stylus insights

I purchased a JVC QL-Y3F Turntable. It came with a Pickering xsv/4000. A new stylus is $100 and up. It would seem to me that a new cartridge would be a better investment. Perhaps I would feel different if I knew something about the Pickering. I haven't been able to find any information on it. Any help will be appreciated.
128x128drewmb1
Dear Drewmbl: That cartridge is only one step down of the Pickering top of the line in those times, very good performer.

If you want something that could beat it IMHO maybe you have to invest over 3K on a today LOMC.

Lucky to have it.

regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear Raul,

I had no idea it was of value. Since the stylus is replaceable I would think that only the cantilever would get old and the rest of the cartridge would be reasonably ageless. Would you agree? If this is an accurate assumption I will purchase the replacement.
Thank you so much for your time and consideration.
P.S. I have been enjoying the music.

Sincerely,

Drew
Drew, I'm not Raul, but I think you should purchase a replacement pronto! That's a very good cartridge!
Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Gentlemen....

Now my concern is that the choice of original replacement stylus which is Stereohedron or a non original which is Shibata. The original replacement is $190 and the Shibata is $90. How good can the non-original replacements be? Any insights into original vs. non original and Stereohedron vs. Shibata will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Sincerely,

Drew
Dear Drew: Both are of the Fine Line stylus shape but are not the same and certainly that the original is the way to go: the best match, at least for your model, the other one could degrade the cartridge quality performance.

Drew, even 190.00 for the stylus replacement is really a " bargain " against the high quality performance of your cartridge, you are not only buying the stylus but the whole " piece/part " that between other things include the cantilever that was designed in specific for that cartridge/suspension/stylus.

Things are more complicate that that 100.00 of difference. IMHO please don't try to save because that " save " makes nothing goes better.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
FWIW, I just bought a Pickering XSV5000 and a Stanton 881S MKII on scamBay for $125 total. An original Stanton stereohedron stylus comes with the pair.Their original styli are inerchangeable it seems.

I'll have to see if the original Stanton needle has any life left...

Even if the JICO Shibata is my last resort, I'm hoping these cartidges live up to their reputation!
Dear Raul,

I know that I could be trowing money away by being cheap. I won't buy the cheap imitation.
Thank you for your time and insights.

Sincerely,

Drew