Phono Stage Recommendation $3000

Hi Guys
Want to upgrade my Phono Stage. 
Currentky I have 2 TTs, a Project Debut Carbon with a Denon DL 103R paired to a Project Tube Box DS. My second TT is a Clearaudio Preformence DC with a Dynavector Karat D17 paired to an Avid Pellar. Rest of my equipment is B&W 800d, Classe CTM 600, Ayre KX-R. As most of my system I would like a tube phono if possible and 2 Inputs if at all doable. 
srafi
I'm surprised no one mentioned the BMC Phono MCCI. I have compared it to phono stages costing a lot more and its been a keeper in my system for quite a while. Its not flexible (only a single input, only MC), but its a winner and a complete steal. 
Srafi:  I have the Aesthetix Rhea Signature and love it. It started out as a basic Rhea and upgraded, before I heard it. It's very versatile. I've had many AR models and the Rhea is much more warm sounding to me. Start out with the basic and if u choose, u can upgrade.   Handyman. 
Used Cary Audio PH-302 mk ii

4 ea 6SL7 tubes plus a 5AR4 rectifier tube
variable loading
MM input plus MC input 

dead quiet and very musical 

can be fitted with an outboard power supply 
Sorry if this may seem off topic but I’m also looking for a phono stage but at a lower price bracket. That said, I’m wondering why no one asked about the downstream gear, e.g., what line stage preamplifier or amplifier, etc. Why is that?
My understanding is because phono stage, tonearm, cartridge, and turntable together as a source component alone.

Understood but shouldn’t the matching between the phono stage and the downstream line stage preamp and power amplifier be a consideration?
Hello Kalali,

Your question is a good one, but I believe it has a good answer.  The OP mentioned in the initial post that he uses an Ayre KX-R line stage.  The KX-R has an extremely high input impedance of 1 megOhm single-ended or per phase balanced, which no reasonably designed phono stage will have a problem driving.  (John Atkinson's measurements in Stereophile essentially confirmed that number, btw). 

Also, the KX-R provides an independent gain adjustment for each input covering a range of 0 to +6 db.  Finally, as stated in its manual:
...there is a single resistor per channel that sets the overall gain range. This gain resistor is mounted in a terminal block and can be changed without the need for soldering. 
So compatibility with what would be downstream of any of the phono stages that have been suggested shouldn't be an issue in this case.

Best regards,
-- Al

Another vote for the Herron--sounds terrific!! I'm not sure you will need a SUT if you chose the higher gain tube configuration (it can be ordered two ways with different gains depending on which tubes are used). Talk with Keith, he will give you the straight scoop and help you throughout the REST of you audio journey!
Dear @srafi: The worst place to introduce tubes always are tubes, don't make this heavy mistake. People recomend tubes more because they are accustom to tubes and was what the corrupted AHEE teached to all of us through the years. So people preferes because ignorance.
 Tubes makes more damage to the critical cartridge signal that any advantage.

@inna is totally wrong because that ignorance I'm talking about.

You already own Ayre electronics and you can mate it with Ayre unit:

https://www.ayre.com/p5xe.htm  

or the JC3+ that is designed by J.Curl.

The Herron comes with tubes, I repeat this technology goes against the cartridge signal.

Btw, @inna do you think that this is a serious rig or not enough for you?:

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/615 

no tubes here.

Regards an enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
I tried 2 others but settled on the  Moon 310LP Neo. Really like it with my Rega RP8.
Dear @pgalvin: Yes, Moon are very well designed with very good quality excecution. It's an other alternative for the OP.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
Dear @rauliruegas what you have said has made some sense to me. Currently have no tubes in the system aside from the second table which has a Project Phono Box DS. Now thinking to go the Halo JC3 route or get the Avid Pulses. Choices choices. Or maybe wait a few months go for the top of the line Avid. I am very happy with the Avid I have right now. 
Raul -

A couple of quick questions for clarification of your extremely articulate and insightful comment....

Are transistors actually more linear than tubes?  Please cite your specific evidence.

When did you actually hear a Herron Audio Phono Stage and what equipment was associated with that listening session?  What equipment did you use for comparison? 

rotaryphone - I think you're being extremely generous and gracious.  But I think you're on the right track with Homer.

BTW, NOTHING MATTERS except what a specific phono stage sounds like.  All Raul's pontification and lack of engineering credibility don't hold water.  The only thing that does is performance.  Tubes have shown many times to be superior to solid state.  IMO, the Herron Audio Phono Stage, particularly the VTPH-2A, are consistently among the very best available at any cost.  Period.  I know of no phono stage, tube or solid state, that betters the VTPH-2a and few, if any, that equal its PERFORMANCE.  It's how it sounds that counts.  PERIOD.  END OF REPORT.  END OF REVIEW.  NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. 
Where, or how, does one purchase Heron gear? The website does not address this vital question. 
I guess you could call Keith Herron.  That's how I got mine.  Phone number should be somewhere on his website.
I also called Keith and ordered my VTPH-2 directly from him.

Regards,
-- Al

Two SS phono stages that i have used are the ZYX artisan and the RCM sensor II and both in this price range (or close). I used the ZYX with my UNIverse cartridge on my Maplenoll Apollo for several years, but when got my UNIverse ll, i moved on to the RCM Sensor II. Both are very solid phono stage, quiet noise floor and IMO work well with moving coil cartridges. the ZYX does not have any adjustments but the RCM allows for Capacitance and Gain adjustments. Interestingly, the RCM Sensor is from a Polish company that specializes in tube amplifiers. Just a thought in your price range 
Pass labs just released.the XP-17 phone preamp and have used for few weeks and am very pleased.

It has tremendous PRAT and very open dynamics and deep bass with my pass labs integrated 250 amp and harbeth 40.2 speakers.
I have currently a Clearaudio Basic +
Will the JC3 (standard) be significantly better ?
Try the Tavish Design Adagio for less than 2k or the Vintage or Classic for less than 1k - at least check out the website before deciding
works well with wide variety of carts separate power supply eyc
i use the MM with A23 and Fidelity Research SUT with phenomenal results  
@oilmanmojo

I used the ZYX with my UNIverse cartridge

I like another ZYX device for MC cartridges which can work well with any MM phono stage. This is ZYX CPP-1 Pre-Preamp (Headamp). I have replaced a block of 9 batteries inside CPP-1 and now it works even better. The goal of the ZYX headamp is their special input resistors made with the same cryo copper wire they use for coil of MC cartridges. The device looks very simple inside, but the sound quality is spectacular, i’ve been using it with ZYX cartridges before, but now i’m using it with very rare Klipsch MCZ Ruby MC cartridge. Pure magic with my JLTi !

Another great phono stage that impressed me pretty much is a brand new Gold Note PH-10 from Italy. In terms of usability for LOMC cartridges this is the best phono stage i have ever tried!
Here's one nobody mentioned, K&K Audio Maxxed Out Phono Stage.
You can get it with 2 inputs. I run mine with a Lyra Kleos SL with no problems, sounds wonderful.
you have IMO one of the best SS line stage on planet...at least give the Ayre phono a shot...

I purchased an Allnic 1201 about a month ago. I cannot overstate how pleased I am. I am coming from a McIntosh solid state phono pre that was built into an integrated amp. So quite a jump in terms of technology. And, the difference in sound was not subtle. Tempted to say I will be Allnic for life.