Phono Stage Recommendation $3000

Hi Guys
Want to upgrade my Phono Stage. 
Currentky I have 2 TTs, a Project Debut Carbon with a Denon DL 103R paired to a Project Tube Box DS. My second TT is a Clearaudio Preformence DC with a Dynavector Karat D17 paired to an Avid Pellar. Rest of my equipment is B&W 800d, Classe CTM 600, Ayre KX-R. As most of my system I would like a tube phono if possible and 2 Inputs if at all doable. 
srafi

Showing 1 response by koetsu13

Hi -

Everything is so system dependent but please read my preamp shootout.  After 40 years of listening and a lot of gear passing through my system I would strongly recommend going the used route for either a CAT SL-1 (either an ultimate, which I picked up for $3k or a signature MKll which I sold for $2k).  Use in hot-rod mode (only using phono) unless you also like the sound of the line stage.  Replace two phono 6dj8 tubes with Amperex 6922 pq white label tubes.  Simply one of the best sounding phono sections ever in my system (along with  coincident phono with 5751 sylvania tubes but $4k used) The break-point for needing a SUT is around .4mv output. I primarily listen to a Benz micro LP-S or a Monster Alpha 2 cartridge through an EAR MC-4 SUT.  However, I also have a clearaudio maestro and it sounds good going straight into the CAT, The Maestro is not equal to the Benz or the Monster in my kit, but it is pretty darn musical.  Once again, Please read the preamp shootout and good luck.