Phono stage for my system?

I am getting back into my vinyl collection and would like some recommendations from vinyl enthusiasts. My equipment includes the following. 

Ayre K-5xe pre-amp - no phono stage
Pro-ject Debut III turntable with stock Ortofon cartridge (OM 5e I believe)
Proceed HPA2 amp
Aerial Acoustics Model 8b speakers

I am currently using the phono stage in my Integra video processor/pre-amp the signal from which passes through the Ayre pre-amp. I find it lacking in detail and soundstage even when listening to some excellent DG and Decca classical recordings. I realize my cartridge may pose some limitations, so let me know if you view that as an area for potentially greater improvement. 

Given the level of my turntable and cartridge, my budget is up to $1,000 for the phono stage, with the understanding I may choose to upgrade the cartridge or turntable in the future.  Thanks in advance for your suggestions. 

sameyers1
Op.
I have used and owned both the Dynavector P3 mk3 and various Graham Slee models.

As you just acknowledged the Slee cater for mm carts only ( on their lower tier models) where a homc will work obviously.

Out of those pair I think the Slee was more dynamic in its presentation although the outboard PS which the P3 lacks may have accounted for some of that.

By all accounts the P3 mk4 is not a massive change over the mk3 so sonic signature should be similar.

And a huge nod yes to a Nagoaka cart, I bought the mp150 and was/ am very impressed for the cost
I got back into vinyl a yr ago & had the same feeling.  I bought a Jolida JD-9 on this sight & I love it.  I think it was $900 & purchased on this site.
Thanks for your additional recommendations and comments regarding  the Schiit Mani, Nagaoka cartridges, Graham Slee vs. Dynavector and Jolida JD-9.  
Listening to the Ayre P-5xe right now. It’s an excellent phono stage. Highly recommended. I’ll be switching to a Boulder 508, but I don’t think it’s going to be a huge difference. This Ayre seems like it punches above its weight class. 
Having used a Gold Note PH10 for about two months; I agree with one of the above posts that is was "Okay" not great, but OK.   
I have a very resolving system here and it was noisy to me.  The low end was just OK.  The upper end was lacking in sound stage and imaging.  The mid range was very good; that was its strong point.

Anyway, its out of here and replaced this summer with a Whest Three Signature... honestly the Whest is leagues ahead.   In fact it is so much nicer that I just ordered an upper level Whest.  I will report back once I get it installed and do some comparison to the Three.