Phono Preamps with "balls" ?

taking the cue from another thread about speakers with "balls" - what are some phono preamps that you have found to be the most powerful, dynamic and yet still sound clean.  
i turn on my digital sources and they are often much more robust sounding and would like to know if there are phono preamps that can deliver.  thanks in advance  
avanti1960

Showing 3 responses by avanti1960

thanks to all replies. 
my current setup is technics sl1200 GR, ortofon cadenza blue and lehmann black cube seII.  
When I set the BC for 66 db gain the sound does become more robust with the Cadenza's .5mv output, but it does occasionally sound overdriven.  
setting it to 56 db and a big dropoff in dynamics is easy to notice.  

leaning towards a parasound JC3+ but-
what about a bobs devices 1:15 SUT for example?  
I have heard good things about what a properly matched SUT can do for power and dynamics.  

@ronh10    
Thanks for the suggestion but I literally do not have time to build the kit, although the idea of an MM only tube stage feeding a SUT is appealing.  
Any experience with the Decware ZEN ZP3 or the Icon Audio PS2?  
gentlemen,
"balls" in this case means gusto, drive, dynamics and power.  these are definitely qualites that can be associated with phono preamps.  having owned many that were somewhat weak or anemic sounding I wanted to put a list together of some that are the contrary.