Phono preamp suggestions under $1000

I have 2 turntables, both with mm cartridges. I would like the flexibility of the preamp handling a mc cartridge if I decided to make the change. I listen to streaming music and vinyl albums. Music choice is often jazz, blues, and 70s rock (if that matters). Thank you 
glfrancis2
Goldnote ph10 supports 2 tables. Mm and MC. Bit over budget at $1600 but worth a look.
The Gold Note indeed can handle two MM or two MC or MM & MC depends on the input settings.
But a cheaper MM phono stage with optional loading for MM/MI cartridges can be better than Gold Note at lower price, actually i have both (Gold Note and JLTi), look at JLTi mk5 at $1000 with shipping, ask the manufacturer to change internal resistors so you can use not only 47k Ohm (RCA plug parallel resistors) for MM but also 100k Ohm for MM which is a benefit for many MM/MI cartridges!
Take a look at the Aural Thrills Audio Serenade in your budget new, has MM and MC @50 and 60db gain. This is a sleeper of a photo stage, uses 4 12AX7 tubes in an all tube stage and responds very well to tube rolling if you so desire. Have had mine in my headphone system for 6 months and love it, have used with AT ART9, Lyra SL Helikon, Dynavector DRT XV1s and a Grace F9Ruby.Enjoy the music.
Furutech GT40α Alpha does it all, was well reviewed in UK and is less than $600.
Not sure if this is a dream, but i would like it to control both tables and remember the settings for each. Avoid me constantly tweaking the phone preamp when I swap tables. Seems like the Gold Note does that, but I would have to find one used. 
Dreams cost money! Save a little longer for what you really want. You can sign up for alerts here
Love my Gold  Note PH10 and got it new for around 1300. Well worth it it's so versatile

I know that there are other excellent preamp, but I haven't seen one that does what the ph10 does. At least at this price. Thank you for the vote
You can also add the PS10 power supply at a later date to improve bass weight and air/detail. 

Another less expensive option would be to buy 2 small phono amps like the Schiit Mani and use 2 inputs on a preamp to select between them. 
I wonder why this piece of Schiit is in every posts on audiogon ?

P.S. I bought PS-10 power supply for my Gold Note PH-10, but the bass does not improved at all, actually the bass with this phono stage is very thin compared to 2 other phono stages i have in use. Thin bass with every cartridge (i have many MM, MI, MC). I wonder why? 

JLTi phono stage is far better in low register, nobody even know this phono stage on audiogon, except for a few users. It can be found for under $1000 used (mk4 version).   
My vinyl collection is 99% (or more) classic jazz and rock. Is there a reason for a phono preamp with multiple eq settings? That is a bit baffling. I dont play 78s
Schiit Mani is poor with MC cartridges.

Dual input MM MC and dual outputs you can choose used products such as Audiolab 8000PPA TagMc Laren PPA20 or Camtech Phono, well-sounding pre phono and adjustable options from the front panel and the expense is very very much below 1000 $
Just read more about JLTi from other users on audiogon here.
Very few people on here know what it is and i am surprised about it, instead we have that cheap piece of schiit in every posts, crazy world. People eat what has been advertised, but a lot of interesting stuff is not on radars. 
I had a Gold Note PH10 for a few months; it was okay, nothing to get excited over at least with my system. I found it was noise prone which required a lot of adjusting to get right and even then it was still noisy.
It was very good in the mid range, so so on the low end and not well detailed on the upper range.
Honestly for under $1000, you should find a Clear Audio Smart V2, it’s quite a nice preamp for the money. I recently sold one in mint condition for $350 and it’s as good as the Gold Note or better when you consider it’s quieter and has as good a sound stage/imaging performance; just not the impressive mid range.

When you are ready to go to MC, plan to spend a lot more money for the cart and a good phono preamp which can take advantage of the more detail you’ll extract from the records. I am on my second Whest phono stage after having just moved up the ladder in their line up. And I picked up an Ortofon A90 MC which is spectacular.
Mc cart...I am getting my pl600 (silver) returned. Thought of swapping the at cart for a mc cart. One preamp to rule them all?
Schiit Mani is great at only $130. If I had to buy a another phono, I would definitely try the Cambridge Solo for $199. Currently the best measured phono over at ASR.
@chakster What you are forgetting is the OP wants 2 phono inputs. That is why the GoldNote was recommended.  

To be honest, unless you are willing to spend a lot more, using MCs for the sake of it is a waste of time. 
What you are forgetting is the OP wants 2 phono inputs. That is why the GoldNote was recommended.  

well, a cheap phono stage with two input is some sort of utopia, the Gold Note is not cheap at all, and to be honest, with all the usability benefits it is not better than JLTi in my system.

The Gold Note PH-10 is not good for MM cartridges, because there is no way to unload the cartridge up to 100 000 Ohm. The Gold Note is better for LOMC cartridges with great optional loading that this phono stage can give. But for MM they got only 47 000 Ohm and 20 000 Ohm (to make MM cartridge dull with roll off freq.). 

Like the OP i like MM/MI cartridges and a perfect phono stage for them is modified JLTi, the manufacturer can made a mod and a buyer can use optional RCA plug-in load Resistors for MM (100k is always better for mabny MM/MI cartridges). This is great, but the trade-off is only one input with a gain switch, same input can be used for MM or LOMC. The price is great (mk4 is under $1k), i am using mk4, the mk5 with better power supply available too for a price near $1k. 

Wow...slippery slope. Now I am trying not order a manley chinook special edition, focusing on 1 turntable. I have the money, yes...but. Whew...Google searches are tough. Yes...a bit higher than my original $1000
I bought a Cambridge 640p a while back and added a very groovy Pangea P100 power supply to use instead of the supplied "wall wart" and it sounds great (just switched to a MC cart and it's still great). Neither is available these days unfortunately, but I think Cambridge Audio phono gear gets less props from the geekmasphere as it's relatively inexpensive and made in China...still...great stuff.