Phono Preamp for Thorens TD203 w/ Ortofon 2m Blue

I bought a demo Thorens TD203 turntable w/ Ortofon 2m Blue cartridge > Behringer PP400 $20 phono preamp > Mystere A11 EL34 tube integrated amp > Seas Froy mk3 speakers. It has good PRaT but sounds thin with shrill highs. My Rotel FM tuner sounds better in many respects. I’m assuming the Behringer phono preamp is the culprit. I’m disappointed with the sound playing vinyl.

I was thinking of getting the Schiit Mani phono preamp, but am second guessing myself as to whether the combo will have the synergy to resolve the problem. Does any one have experience w/ the Schiit Mani and/or the Ortofon Blue. Any other budget phono preamp recommendations in the price range of the Mani to consider.
128x128mjcmt
Noromance,  I cant agree w/ spending more than what my budget is, but you gave a nice positive review of the Mani vs. the PP400. It'll have to be good enough.
Of course. Frugality in audio is wise. Let's know how the Mani works out. Try buy it on trial if possible. And let the Blue wear in.
The pro -ject ds tube phono stage was 699.00, on sale at 399 at Upscale audio. That might fit your budget. 
Check parts connexion website.
They are always having great specials.
Sometimes up to 60% or even 75% off. If you are determined to buy new that is.
Buying used will likely open up 600 and 700 units for your 300.
I recently bought a Mani. It had issues when turned on. It would shut off the TV (plugged into the same power bar and disable functions on the preamp. I returned it during the trial period. The charged a restock fee on top of my freight both ways for a defective product. I was worth it to see the backside of this gear which in my mind totally lived up to its name.