phono/preamp analog front end

I have a great, older  analog system...Oracle/Graham 1.5t Ceramic/Ortofon A95/Classe DR-6(modified/refurbished)/Threshold 4000 (modified)/Von Schweikert VR4.5 Silver with all nice power cords/interconnects.....considering upgrading preamp...used vs  new, looking to spend about $5K....could stick with SS, get used Pass Labs XP-15/X2.5 for <$5k....never ventured into tubes.....no convenient stores for me to go to....any thoughts?

128x128jw944ts
The Herron VTPH2A is in your price range. It sounds great, and I always hoped it was competently designed but never knew for sure until now- no loading switches! 
Whest makes a great SS phono amp. Check out their website for available models & professional / user reviews. 
@atmasphere 
Can you explain how the resistor loading makes the cartridge cantilever stiffer?  This absolutely does not make sense to me.
ARC Ref 2SE Phono gets my vote.  You'll have to pay a little more, but worth it.  There's one for $5500 at USAM - you could try and bring the price down a little.  It has a gain of 74 dB and balanced output. 
The Herron VTPH2A is in your price range. It sounds great, and I always hoped it was competently designed but never knew for sure until now- no loading switches!

The Herron uses external loading plugs, although the designer feels it sounds best unloaded.