phono cartridge for krell

what is the best value in a phono cartridge for the krell ksp-7-b pre amp? thank you.
lunna
You should be matching the cartridge to the mass of the arm while taking tonal balance into account. If you just try to guess at tonal balance matching between the cartridge and preamp, you've missed the most important factor in setting up a phono system : the arm / cartridge interphase. Sean >
that does not answer my question,i will try to give you a better idea of what i am using if that will help.i have krell kma 100 mk11 mono amps and ksp-7-b pre amp, turntable is audio advisor vpi with rega arm and blue point special cartridge.speakers are martin logan request and wires are mit 350 cvt and 750 cvt and power chords.i do not believe this needle is the right set up,i have tried loosening the arm slightly ,because this is recommended by other forums and it did help.take the dead sound away,but i bet there is a nicer needle for this system.where i live there is no knowledge of turntables like other states,where you can go in a store an actually hear before you buy.please do not tell me how wrong everything i own is,i would like to find out if the cartridge is the problem or is it something simple that guidance can cure.the phono stage is adjustable by means of toggles inside but still the sound is lacking/or can i say not natural. compared to what i heard at c.e.s. at alexis park,on some of their systems .
Sean is right though in what he says about getting the right cartridge for the arm before you start looking downstream. Try and get to speak to someone who knows about the Rega arm and get a better idea of suitable cartridge then look to match that combination to the pre..?? Best of luck!
I am no vinyl expert whatsoever. I know the basics and that's it. Try posting this question over in the vinyl asylum at www.audioasylum.com someone over there will surely be able to help you. Sean