philips sacd 1000 as a redbook player

taken at the $399 price, if the sacd 1000 was only a redbook cd player what price range ( cd players) would it compete against? and what highly regarded players would it best?
128x128mboldda1

Showing 1 response by socrates

I could have sworn this player came out at $2000, dropped to half of that in less then a year and was recently blown out at $400 (which should tell you something). It seems if one bought this player for over a grand they where reamed pretty hard for redbook, at $2K there are/where many other options! An ok deal at $400 but nothing to get so excited and offensive/defensive over, right guys? Seems a ton of folks here bought this player recently and have new-toy syndrome, you know, where everything YOU buy has to be the best and greatest just because YOU bought it, at least for a little while it is that way, right? It is very sad that one cannot voice a negative opinion on any product on this site without getting attacked, sad that people prefer ignorant bliss and constant ego bolstering.

Most people spit forth endless praise of the things they own, which is fine, but without perspective the praise is pretty empty. Reviews with praise and also critiques, especially when reviewed along with other gear, I always read and take note of. Endless praise and defensive attacks tend to turn me off from a piece (and a reviewer). Give Infinity_audio a break, he is entitled to his opinion on this piece, regardless if you agree with him or not, and same goes for fans of the player, to each their own.