phase linear 500 watt per chanell amp

any thoughts on this amp??
128x128g_nakamoto
Little late, but here's a mod/rebuild service for the PL-400.

Not familiar with them myself.

https://www.worldproaudio.com/WPA-Phase-Linear-400-mod1

I used a 400 to power stacked Advents in the mid 70's and it worked/sounded fine.

However, I tried it powering Altec VOTT's (24+ hour party) around the same time period and it would shut down after an hour, so.

We ended up using one of my Dynaco ST70's for the rest of the party without a hitch.

The PL worked fine the next week powering a pair of large Infinity speakers that the ST70's would not properly power.

The preamp used with both amps was a Dynaco PAS3X, which may have caused the PL problem (though it was the same preamp used with the double Advents.

Go figure.

DeKay
i had a phase linear 400 back in the days. it was the most watts for the money! that's all!!
Phase Linear 500 is an awesome amp. But, needs to be gone through because of age.

Better option is the WOPL 700...
You can get a new QSC GX3 (part of their least costly line...A/B power grunt for days, XLR, TRS balanced, and RCA single ended inputs, Speakon and binding post speaker outs, built-in sub crossover) for a couple hundred bucks that is far better performing and sounding than any 70’s power amp. Magico uses one (not sure why, I simply saw one in a factory tour video). Bought mine new a while back for 200 bucks on sale at Guitar Center.
@roxy544 and fuzztone2,i just noticed the 'racist' remark that fuzztone made to me! chinese talk like that! i'm japanese and we don't talk like that! you can say that we all look alike but your comment shows how low down you are! that's ok! there will allways be 'racist' in this world!!!