Personal speaker evolution

OK, so here is a thread I haven't ever seen here: What speakers have you owned? starting with the earliest, price paid, new/used, and perhaps the models that really impressed you (for the price) in CAPS.

Rat Shack Something or others, $120, new
Fisher Something or others, $280, new
ADS L710's, $550, new
Snell A2i's, $1100, used
BEVERIDGE SYSTEM 3'S, $1000, used
Martin Logan CLS, $1400, used
MARTIN LOGAN SL3'S, $2300, used
pmwoodward
...first set of "real" stereo speakers for me was Cerwin Vega circa 1984, can't recall model but they were top of the line for them, huge floor monsters. then Bose 901's in 1993, my 3rd set and last purchase Energy RC-10 bookshelf speakers, believe it or not the cheapest by far and best sounding of the 3, not to mention smallest by a mile!
Bose AM-5 Series II 1994 to 2001.
Walkman/Discman with cheap headphones from 2002-2004, since I moved to the US and started off from zero.
Quad 21L 2005 till date.
The old standard route: Advents, Double Advents, Magneplanars. I've stayed with the Maggies (3 sets to date).
I started in junior high with some Bose bookshelf speakers, KLH with passive sub, first fullrange ($80 still compares with some $1000 fullrange, Klipsch Synergy Klipsch Reference 7's (modified) $1100 new, then to another class of speakers
DALI HELICON 800 mk I $2800 used
AVALON AVATAR used
KRELL RESOLUTION III $1700 used
ZU ESSENCE $2500 new
EMERALD PHYSICS CS 2.3 $3600 used
climbing the stairway to heaven: college, 2 way JBL's...junk for the years I was in training, then Vienna Acoustics Mozarts with a REL StataIII sub. I have been actively auditioning for several years...and am about to purchase Harbeth Compact 7 ES3's for a bedroom(13x13xx8'. My references are rebuilt Quad 57's, Vandy 5's, and for giant scale..Magico Model 6(I call them Stupidos because of the Price, and Revel Salons) I don't have the space or money for giant large scale speakers, nor do I think they are necessary. For value, I have concluded that Harbeth's or similar BBC type speakers or Quad's offer the best sound for the least (relatively speaking) money, especially in the all important midrange. I have been most moved emotionally by the music I love with Quad's and Harbeths with good but not stupid expensive tube gear and passive preamps.